Tax Rates & Payment
Tax bills are issued twice a year with two instalments on each bill to equal four payments.
Interim: Last Business Day of February and Last Business Day of May
Final Tax: Last Business Day of August and Last Business Day of November
How Your Tax is Calculated
Taxes are calculated by multiplying the tax rate indicated on your tax notice under the heading “RATE”, by your assessment indicated on your tax notice under the heading “VALUE”, to arrive at an amount.
Failure to receive a tax notice does not relieve you from payment of taxes or penalties. PENALTY is assessed the day following the due date at 1.25% and each month thereafter until paid. Payments in the drop box prior to 8:30 a.m. the morning after the due date will be considered paid by the due date.
ATTENTION COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY OWNERS
- RE: Vacant commercial or industrial property rebates.
- Information in regard to eligibility requirements and application forms can be obtained at the Town Hall. Application forms are available at the Town Hall or can be downloaded by clicking here.
- Property must be vacant for at least 90 consecutive days in one tax year.
- The deadline for submitting applications for a tax year is February 28th of the following year.
- Seasonal property owners are not eligible.