Municipal Information

In order to assist you through this process of preparing the required documents for your marriage, please review the information provided through the Ontario government website: Getting Married

Obtaining a Marriage Licence

Marriage licences are issued at the Municipal Office between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.  It is recommended that you call the office before you attend, to ensure that an issuer will be available to issue the marriage licence.

Marriage Licence Fee

The fee charged by the Town of Kingsville to issue a marriage licence is $125.00, payable by cash (Canadian funds only) or debit (no personal cheques or credit card accepted).

Marriage Licence Application

In order to obtain a marriage licence, a marriage licence application must be completed and signed by both parties.  One applicant may submit the completed marriage licence application; however, two pieces of original valid identification are required for each applicant.  Please see below for identification requirements.

You may obtain a marriage licence application at the municipal office or through the following link:  Marriage Licence Application Form


Two (2) pieces of original pieces of valid government issued identification from the list below for each applicant.  One piece of identification MUST include your photo.


  1. Passport
  2. Driver’s Licence/Enhanced Driver's Licence
  3. Photo ID card
  4. Citizenship card
  5. Permanent Resident card
  6. Armed Forces ID card
  7. Native Status card
  8. Record of immigration landing
  9. Canadian citizenship card 


  1. Birth Certificate
  2. Change of Name Certificate
  3. Immigration Status Papers (i.e. Record of Landing, Work Visa)

Documents presented in a language other than English must be translated by a certified translator.

Divorce or Annulment:

  • A Canadian Divorce:  you will require the original or court-certified copy of the final decree or certificate of divorce.
  • Divorce judgements, uncertified photocopies or divorce orders are NOT acceptable.
  • A Non-Canadian Divorce:  you will require authorization from the Office of the Registrar General. Contact an Ontario lawyer or visit Service Ontario to obtain more information.

Marriage Certificates

After the marriage ceremony, the couple receives a Record of Solemnization of Marriage.  This is not a marriage certificate.  The person who solemnizes the marriage forwards documentation to the Office of the Registrar General for registration.  Visit the Service Ontario website to apply online for a marriage certificate or call 1-800-461-2156.


For more information, please contact the Corporate Services Department at 519-733-2305 ext 239 or by email at